Wednesday, January 31, 2007

performance piece 1: the rope

a long (20 feet) piece of thick black rope is laid
on the floor
of a dark, square, windowless room.
at either end of the rope stands an enormous man-
alpha male.
the men are completely covered in latex,
except for their eyes.
they face each other - two burly eunuchs,
legs apart, arms folded.
there is eerie,
rather than aggressive,
industrial music playing.
there is the sound of hearts beating
and wind blowing like deep breathing.
the lighting is dim and red tinted.
My face is covered in thick,
almost clowny makeup.
i walk unsteadily along the rope
in impossibly high heels. apart from them
and stockings, i am naked and exposed.
when i get to
the end the eunuch standing there turns me
violently around and i proceed to hobble
towards the other end.
the same thing happens of course,
each time i get to the end of the rope.
i fall more and more often
and get so tired, i have
to eventually crawl along.
when i am so exhausted,
that i can barely move
the eunuchs take their leave.
i am left alone with the rope.


4 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

Hi Zaza,

I have a question - what is the link to your blogs as I can't get a link to anything I try. I'm interested as to where turning shit into gold comes from.

as for the discription of your performance, Rapunzel would not have worked as a title. In the fairy tale she is taken from the tower (and her prince) and banished to the forest by the soceress and after the prince (blinded)falls from the tower and is lost in said forest he comes across rapunzel who has given birth to twins. I wonder what went on at their meetings the tower??? She was never left with just the rope and I do not believe the prince was a eunoch.

I know the fairy tale to well, it may be something to do with having six step grandchildren

01 February, 2007 03:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was alluding to her predicament while she is in the tower not the whole story. by the way she doesnt always have twins...
the psychologial impact (of interest to me) is about her banishment from the world of growing up and attainment of sexual maturity)

on the right side of the page is the list with our names on it. zaza for Broken record Blog... shit into gold and venus for blog secret diary od a slut...

01 February, 2007 19:55  
Blogger jon said...

thanks glad I asked the question as now I can see where you are coming from. As I've mentioned before titles can mean many things to many different people. If I had seen the performance and title without asking questions I would have thought about it for months... Thank god for the word METAPHOR... I'll look for this within your pieces/titles before my fingers type my big mouth.

but hey it's good to be in contact with firey likeminded artists.

certainly makes me think whilst I'm on a mission.

Have fun and big hugs. i also have a darker side which can be found on gaydar...

and like a good top/master I shall tell you when I'm good and ready :)

01 February, 2007 21:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes of course it always helps to ask, and to answer, but the trouble is i have this ingrained belief that a work should stand up for itself and i cant help expecting people to be happy with their own interpretations. this is one of the things i hope i can come out of during this scheme.
yes people should have their own interpretations but the artist can share his/hers too, you get me sir?

03 February, 2007 00:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home