Thursday, October 05, 2006

There and back again...


One thing that is preoccupying me at the moment is time. The more i rationalise and plan my time, the more I feel like someone else, somebody who doesn't have time to play. Maybe I need to schedule it in. I have been to a lot of meetings of late, a trip to Liverpool for the opening of the Biennial, spent an afternoon looking at live art in Newlyn, met up briefly with Lucille, hosting my Father from the US, tried to get to Bristol for a conference, missed the train, had a meeting with Frances, nearly missed my train back to Cornwall, bumped into Franko on the stairs, drank Gin (thank you Franko), got interviewed, worried about not blogging, sent off an ACE application, saw Shabz stuff from California and wanted to immediately move back, asked boyfriend if he would consider applying for American citizenship.

Liverpool Biennial 2006


Is it the other, the different, the change that gets us working? Is it the desire to move from our selves and mark the change? I think so. Wysing was very telling for us. We were able to step outside ourselves, our domestic and work situations. Also, there was no expectation. Franko did not put any pressure on us apart from to try something new (get up early, don't talk too much and don't get drunk, at least until then end). I think making art is a habit. The struggle is to get the habit down and under control. We all saw each other working, be it on a bench or in a shed or at a distance (I have an abiding memory of Rachel standing furtively at the side of the lane near the gate to the field, trying to look nonchalant).

I am starting to get to a point where I can feel a buzz or a hum in my head. I feel like I am nearly at a point when being an artsit is a habit, not quite under control. After Wysing, then Liverpool, I could see what my work is (at the moment) and where it needs to go and develop. Time. I have been making some for myself, but then I have never been poorer. Time or money.

Hussle, hussle, hussle..


Franko Mixing those funky beats


TECH

I am going to invite you all to be team members on the blog. You will get an email from blogger that you need to respond to. If you have a account, use this to log in and you will have de-mentored as part of your blog list. If you do not have an account with blogger, don't worry, you will be prompted to create one. You will then log in with your own blogger account. This should sort out all the recent hassles.

Mad, ring me, I will talk you though any of your MAC problems. Katherine your you know what is in the post, and I am seeing the Salt Gallery this weekend, so you are the top of the conversation, also did you see the email from BCA?

Really sorry about your Grandmother. Mine died 4 years ago. I was the last to see her alive. She won't leave you, your memories get tidied up, and will pop into your head all the time.

later guys....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home