Sunday, October 01, 2006

Great , back on,
Hi, apologies for disappearing for a while. I've just started a course at Rada and it's really full on. It has kind of taken over, thank god it's only a year. I have learnt a lot so far anyway, however really yearning for my own work.
I've met some really great people,some very pretentious people too as expected, but there really is a creative buzz about the place. Also very surreal, people like Richard Attenboruogh and Alan Rickman are just wondering about the place.
I keep drifting in and out of thinking 'should I be doing this course, when I want to be an artist?' However it will be as Miranda reminded me (thankyou:)) that it is another skill. I need to make money to support my practice.

I have also discovered expanding foam! it's amazing. It comes in liquid form and expands to 25 times it's size. Endless possiblities. Thinking that this could be a way of creating sculptural forms fairly cheaply . It's self growing properties will be great to video. So need to play with this. Also how to make a glowing fire from wirewool and a battery, really try it.
I'm thinking about our time at Wysing and the possibilites of scaling up my work.

I'm really loving reading the blog. Katherine , thankyou for sharing your memories about your Grandmother. Really touching and hope you're ok. Big hugs. Beautiful pictures. x

I went to Rome last weekend and now I 'm completely in love with Italy. The best pizza ever and so much beautiful sculpture and painting. Photos soon, but I have to load them on a different computer, I'm having the same trouble as Maddie. It must be safari.

Ninax

2 Comments:

Blogger franko b said...

dear niai , missing you. x x when for the 121 , im a way till the 21 so what about the 23 in the afternoon? evening?
x x

03 October, 2006 19:41  
Blogger de-mentored said...

Nina...the expanding foam sounds fantastic....I still have vivid images of the honey running down bright red...are you using that video at all- I think it worked really well, visually and because it followed on from your work with bees, but in a more abstract way- i was more excited by that I think...because it didn't have immediate recognition for me, but a lot of references and connotations.

I don't know where you find the time to study and work and do your own work. And Rachel is doing a course too- where does evryone get their time from, I could do with getting hold of some more.....although not long now before we all get that extra hour when the clocks go back.

Before i forget, if anyone is having trouble loading photos, I seem to be ok at teh moment, (touch wood), so if you wnat to send them on Cd I can upload them for you?

I think Miranda's right about your course being a way of developing another skill, but I also think it is also intrinsically lik=nked to your work...expanding foam...lots of really tangible materials with qualities that can only feed into your work.....in actual fact i kind of see it as work...although I kind of put everything under teh bracket of my work...writing emails, redaing books, watching films, walking in the rain.....well, thinking about walking in the rain a, but having to be dry when I get to work, so hiding under an umbrella!

You sound excited, which is great. And the environment alone is probably motivating and it's new....go for it...can I join you??

i hope you're ok, oh, have you moved into your new house yet?

Take care, Kat.

03 October, 2006 20:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home