Monday, December 18, 2006

Long time gone...

Dear All

My apologies for having been absent from the blog for such a long period of time. I have been away on various courses for work, so I have not had access to the internet for a while. It’s good to read it now though and see that discussions and images and posts are already here…

I really enjoyed our day at the South London Gallery- it seemed to go so quickly though, but I look forward to catching up with people in the New Year!! Gorgeous food also- another day of over indulging. And the worst hangover of my life on Tuesday morning- sorry I dashed off so quickly Rachel…really didn’t want you to have to wake up to my stale body spralled across your living room floor. My trek back home left me promising myself never to drink again…blurry vision, sweating profusely and on several occasions thinking I would actually have to get off the bus to be sick in the street- it was worth it though for seeing people and having some really good conversations the night before!

I was on a course this week for work and I was sat in these sessions about confidence and assertiveness. I had really scoffed when it was suggested I go, because I thought it would all be common sense stuff and lots of those awkward ‘get to know each other type team games’, but I was really surprised. I guess before this year I have never really thought about whether I was confident or not, but looking back over the past year I really feel like it has given me confidence- people on the mentoring have given me confidence. And equally I think I am more able to be assertive, and not be so passive…certainly at Wysing, or from Wysing, I had this thing about not having anything to say, but actually I do have things to say, even if I am not quite sure what those things are…..Shabs, you said something as we were walking to the pub about me standing a foot taller and being more confident- thank you, it meant a lot.

Rachel, I started reading the leaflet you gave out, from the film festival, and I am gutted I couldn’t make it that weekend…you mentioned touring- please think of Cambridge if you do- I really would love to see some of these films. Although I might check out cinenova- they were mentioned at a talk I went to at the Tate, but I wasn’t entirely sure of what exactly it was.

Franko- congratulations on your book- I love the black cover and that red ribbon that sits in between the pages….I’d love to look at it with a bit more time though, so I can read the text also. Oh, by the way, I will bring your two DVDs back when I am next in London- I haven’t watched them yet, but will get some time over Christmas.

Will write again soon.

With love, Katherine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Steven

thanks for teh technical info and sending me the invite to sign up under my own name- I was given teh option when I tried logging in under teh old username and password, but stupidly I thought I had to have a google email address...ok, ok, so it was late.

many thanks.

Actaully, I have another technical question...do you know whether it is possible to turn a pdf/winzip file back into a non pdf document? Someon asked me today at work, and I didn't think it was possible, but have been playing around all afternoon trying to find a way...if anyone has any amazing tricks that might work, do let me know!!
Best wishes
Katherine

18 December, 2006 20:59  
Blogger Madeleine said...

Hi Kat

Good to hear you, you always have such mesmeric things to say... i don't know how else to describe reading them... Anyway i think the assertiveness maybe is a good thing. I'd love to hear how it was and how it was tackled because i think it is something I don't realise or like to admit I'm lacking too. Yes Wysing was good for this. It felt like no judgement and yet the best support and critique at the same time. You could say many things without the bond being broken. Like family. Anyway you certainly sounded more assertive because sometimes when we have posted theings we have apologised for them and been more hedgey in how they are said, and this time you have not apologised at all... I'm glad also because it takes alittle adjustment to say things here with the group opened up... I'm glad that it is but just wish I knew more about the wider group, and hope that if last years group speak of past experience, such as Wysing, it is not discluding... Any input is welcomed of course.

Hope you have a good holiday and rest from work.

love maddie xx

19 December, 2006 23:25  
Blogger de-mentored said...

hello is is so good to see this , i love you, x x franko

20 December, 2006 23:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home