Wednesday, February 07, 2007

arrghhh

the PC baffles me. why is it that everything has to be around this damn machine. I feel like I have a growth attached to me - every where I go so goes the lap top or data card/CD. Here I sit pondering over my entry for applying for a new studio, getting stuff ready for the website. I end up swearing and cussing, either the connection has gone down or the link with the blog plays up...

all of this ended with my latest thoughts....

PS: A message for Tom, the image is interesting as it makes me engage with it to see what the objects are. I chuckle, try keeping a studio, house, relationship all in a state of organised bliss. just a suggestion but try working the actual view from the window in colour... it may not feel so dark then.

The screen
in front of me
controlling my train
of thought in my brain
manipulating me
my fingers are drawn
towards its keys
fumbling like an anxious lover
intent on discovering
what is going on
and
on
an
on
and
on
the screen in front of me
controlling my train of thought
when did machine take over mankind
I scream
at the screen
in front of me
controlling my train
of thought in my brain
manipulating me
my fingers are drawn
towards it keys
fumbling like an anxious lover
intent on discovering
what is going on
and
on
and
on
and
on… (go 2 start)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this poem the best so far. the way you have made it circular and it has a good rhythm.
funny you should have written it though i just posted on Toms (fucking mess) that i am glad of my computer cos i can get so much on iy. to be honest though i am nver away from it and i sometimes find it hard to write cos i keep checking my messages. that is why i am keeping blogs now.
i feel machines to be an externalization of humankind. have you seen croenenburg's ExIstenz? in which the computers are organic...as was the typewriter in Naked Lunch. i like croenenburg but not A history of Violence though maybe if i saw it again i would. ok started rambling here babe...its this laptop makes me...
you dig!

07 February, 2007 13:49  
Blogger jon said...

Hi Zaza, Naked Lunch is one of my all time favourite films although I have not watched it for a long time; something of a paradox of my own life in a way.

Take medication (in his case insect killer) then try to go to sleep, fall into deep slumber with shit loads of mind unravelling intertwining my past with the present whilst trying to forcast future outcomes.

should I do this what happens if i was to do that and other such nonsense.

my grummble of the pc is that I dislike having to spend time in front of it, if I wanted to become a typist/adminiostrator I would have learned this at school.

Then I sit here worrying about punctuation and have I spelt something correctly etc.

I much prefer pencil paper and any materials I can consruct something from. I place the poems more often as I'm currently sorting out new work and what works to go to exhibtion and feel that my artwork functions better in real time than in cyberspace.

I still struggle with using the intertit when I make work about global polution/ bollotics/ war/ terrorism etc.

09 February, 2007 20:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home