Monday, March 12, 2007

apologies

hello all-

sorry i seem to be monpolising the blog tonight, but it's not often i get a chance to get online and upload stuff. i have put some images in previous posts that are stills from unedited video that i am hoping to put together soon. some of it is stuff i have taken myself, other images are of video captured from a tv playing a corupted DVD of the film 'the secret' which i mentioned earlier. I guess they are a compleatly different thing seen here as still images, but any comments would be grand.

It feels a bit strange putting images up here of work that's not finished yet. I don't know how i feel about it. I kind of feel vunerable i guess. I am not sure how well we can relate to work posted on a website. Anyway i would much rather talk about the images than myself.

i have also just found an old piece of writing i did, and thought i would share it as well... here it is:


_________________________________________

if you don’t - fall down.

how will i ever know what is happening to you now, it’s just too late to even try. for all i know you may not even care so just leave me alone. stop trying to get your tired and deflated little rats arse onto my leg and start pounding and writhing in the rough plastic darkness where we last met. i know it hurts but i am always going to let myself go along with it, what else is there to do, life goes on even though i feel as though my hold on it is soft and transparent like the best of all clichés and will i ever look up and see what has been hunting me or will i avoid it forever and hope that it grows on its own into something protective and fruitful, some rosy wedge. do i ever see black?

no you should not stop. the orange glow in the patterned walls is hot and sour like your armpits at the end of the road trip. not long till the cycle starts again - and we all know what that means: contingent rose and nice meals with pam. got to get a hold of myself before we go to see mum or else it will only get worse, or something. get over it, it only happened once and it really wasn’t that interesting. you would know that if you hadn’t walked off without giving us all of your money. give us all of your money. bring it back home, give it to jane she needs it, she is always harping on about how she needs to get fingered by paul so whatever that means- go away.

now- its not too late but still my eyes are sore. i am bugged i cannot speak now, only quietly- but no- that is still to much they will know. they now know. i know that they know. they were never supposed to find out but now they know. its coming undone becoming open, will it unravel. escape - go beyond. do we need to hold it back still or is it ok to sit back and watch it do its thing. be. happy. bee. i can’t seem to hold it down long enough. today it slides off, but then i find it later, unholy, broken, slapped on the knee. knees up, party, lights and houses. open happy, be. my name is paul, my name is jane.

i saw you before in the park with others- they were laughing. then it got dark. ok to just be, is it going to be ok in the dark. on tuesday i went there in the dark. my name is paul, my name is paul. i canot remember paul. in the dark when it happens, because i fell down, my left arm really hurts. i wanted to hear what it was they were saying, but my foot slipped, and i thought they might hear me, in the dark my foot slipped. my name is paul. on tuesday paul goes out with his mum on tuesday i go out with paul. my mum has slipped in the dark, i can hear what they say, but it’s not too loud, sometimes it wakes me, and i feel heavy and cold and wet in my bed. i don’t want to hear them in the dark. my name is jane. my mum, i want my mum, it is dark. my arm hurts, today- tuesday.
then we stop talking.


____________________________________________

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your wee stories are just like the photos here in scale and in temper ( correct word? meaning feel?)
they work well together. i mean having photos and photo-size text together, but not related to each other, except in scale, like the photos are. they are not sequences but work together as a sequence i like that. they are like a regular patterned collage and remind me of some of rauschenberg's screen prints. using scale as a unifying factor appeals to me.

12 March, 2007 23:03  
Blogger lisa alexander said...

Jacob - thanks for posting your images and text...I think it's just what this blog is here for to reveal our processes and unfinished work ideas materials collages scraps of unfinished sentences musings..as it emerges...thank you too becasue you've spurred me on to also..

13 March, 2007 13:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home