Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Can I book a slot in your home?








Dear Group,

I'd really appreciate your input and contribution to in the research and development I'm doing for a new work...part of which involves my documenting people's homes.

Can I come and visit you over the next 2 weeks (and possibly later in April- but the sooner the better)? When do you have a spare hour / evening / day ?

- I am happy to book a short or long slot - and dependant upon how many visits I've planned in the surrounding area - it can be anything from an hour to a 24 hour period and possibly longer.

- For those living in London - I can accept 15 minute slots and upwards...

Some general details:
I am visiting friends' and strangers' homes around the UK as part of the research and development project the space of memory. The R&D is for a future piece of theatre / installation based on the intimate narratives of the home, what a space of memory might be, how (to quote Bachelard) we bring our lares with us...and the rites of passage, moments of grace, where we feel safe and what happens if or when that safety is displaced...

I am working with a composer/sound artist and later 3 performers to realise a blue print for the future production.

Part of the proocess involves documentation of a house, street, its history and on a micro-level the detail of one person and one room in each house - via interview, text, sound, images.

I would like to invite you to be part of this and to 'book a slot in your home' to interview view you and document a room or part of your home...and if possible spend a night in your house or nearby. I am flexible as to the time and extent of the documentation - but it would involve an informal interview / story surgery in one of your rooms which I would record by microphone. I am also interested in recording ambient sound.

Would it be possible to visit you over the next 2 weeks - any time of day /evening - whatever suits you?

Also if you could pass this on to any other potentially interested parties - that would be great.

Please note: no personal material will be used without due consultation and interviews and other documentation collected during the R&D process are for research purposes only - and will be treated as anonymous

- Please let me know if you have any questions about the process + I will brief you before I visit

Hope to visit you soon!

Lisa
xxx

10 Comments:

Blogger de-mentored said...

great lisa . is so good to see you here , love the images and im shure there will be alot to talk about in 2 weeks time also.
x x

14 March, 2007 07:32  
Blogger lisa alexander said...

thanks for the encouragment Franko xx

14 March, 2007 10:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can interview me in my car... thats the closest i have to a home at the moment!

14 March, 2007 20:01  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hey Lisa

You can come and visit me, but I seem to be really busy at the moment, and not actually at home very much....do you have a specific time you want to have this done by?

(Not that it's my home as such, but my parents)

14 March, 2007 23:56  
Blogger venus_von_flytrap said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

15 March, 2007 16:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can come to my place for soup and words.x

15 March, 2007 16:52  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Lisa,
Your welcome to come to mine, I'm in Herne Hill.
call me on 07940 557710 to sort out a time.
Rachel xx

16 March, 2007 20:40  
Blogger de-mentored said...

come to my flat . franko

17 March, 2007 08:22  
Blogger tom said...

you can come to me... though i'm not here much... and it's my parents' house... maybe see you in london? tom...

17 March, 2007 17:31  
Blogger lisa alexander said...

Thank you for the responses - I will get back to you all individually to sort out time /date slots. BIG thank you!
xxxlisa

18 March, 2007 21:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home