Tuesday, March 13, 2007

returning from time-out

Hello everyone,
Firstly a big apology for disapperaing without a word for so long, basically I decided to go for a new job about a month ago and it's been a really intense journey and one which I needed to put all my energy and focus into. Just applying for it bought up a lot of questions for me about the credibility and position of the education work I do and produce at the SLG, I pulled out of all the forums and groups I'm involved with to give myself the space to question this work, and to think about where it needs to go and how to move it forward.

So the good news is that I got the job! I'm the new Head of Interactions for Artangel and start at the end of April, I spoke about this mentoring programme in my interview so thanks for you all for being there with me!

Anyway, I'm back now, refulled, confident and excited about the future. Sorry for my absence, I didn't mean to be gone for so long but I'll go back over the blogg and find what I've missed.
Hope everyone is well and look forward to spring time catch up soon
Rachel xxx

5 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Rachel

Fantastic news about your new job at Artangel!! It's really exciting. What will being Head of Interactions entail?...(sorry to be a bit ignorant)...will it be anything like SLG, education work?

It's good to see you back on he blog too.

Hopefully speak soon.

Katherine.

14 March, 2007 23:36  
Blogger Madeleine said...

Hi Rachel

That's great, really exciting. I totally understand the need to dip out of the groups scene, I needed to do the same when I was in the process of applying for my job. And it's taken a while to get used to it and start to feel like i can get another plate spinning now that the day job is. So i've been quite quiet too ... good to see you back. I was just thinking about you this mroning as I saw your old job pop up on Artsjobs and it set me wondering where you were and how you were doing.. so i looked on the blog and there you are! Hope you can make some of the evenings at Toynbee, I'm aiming to make a couple and it would dbe lovely to see you.

Maddie xxx

15 March, 2007 13:45  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Katherine and Maddie,
Interaction's is sort of the artangel 'education' strand but it covers a broader remit and has less emphasis on 'skills exchange' or 'audience development' than my SLG job. It's basically exactly what I want to do, I have a very open brief, I can choose which artists I work with and which 'communities', I can work Nationally or Internationally! So exciting, a bit scary to loose the pre-determined nature of a gallery space but ultimately liberating. I feel excited by the creative potential of this job, would love to chat about ideas with you, my head is spinning and over flowing with thoughs and ideas. Will certainly be around at Toynbee, think I can do any nights that week and would like to do as much as possible.

Maddie, what's your new job?
Lets catch up soon, It's good to be back!
Rachel

16 March, 2007 20:48  
Blogger jon said...

hi rachel, just wanted to congratulate you on the new post with artsangel. I'm not sure if Franko had mentioned but i had been asking of your whereabouts as was i missing the dialouge. You always make me fiery and passionate and ready to take on the world. Hope all goes well with the new job. Let the red flag fly

jon ;)

21 March, 2007 17:05  
Blogger Rachel said...

Firey and passionate hey! that sounds like fun and a challenge for next week. Viva la revolution and all that!
looking forward to catching up
xx

22 March, 2007 22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home