Thursday, May 17, 2007

it's another arrgghh but just for the sense of not being able to decide this time

i have been reading through the blog and so much is going on and there are so many dilemas, i'm wanting to come out to see something this weekend but I do not know wether to go north or south and i feel trapped in the middle. Franko I want to see your performance in birmingham and hook up with minda but then I would like to hook up with will at the florence trust to see what he is up to. I know i'm on a silly ramble again but i feel enthused at the moment and i'm struggling with what is going on in a hectic head of jon but it seems to be that when i'm stresssed and busy i feel elated.

My summer has kicked in in stevenage with community projectys which i held my hand up tp last year and things I have commited myself to are coming into action and i'm not one for letting local folk down.

My projects coming up are as follows

June

  • 4-15 june 4half days with a local school working on Digswell Arts Trust heritage project making a 8ftx8ft 3d chess set out of recycled materials based on myths, fantasy and legends to be exhibited in our town gallery along with the heritage project in July.

  • 10th june - stevenage day- mmm me thinks i may have to pass across my responsibilities to some one else in the studio base here as I have a full month of community workshops with our main youth centre in August which i need to get prepared for in terms of paper work, schedules, contracts, materials etc - but at least this year I'm getting the young people to create some live art and performance poetry/rap alongside projected photography. this makes me happy because i get to trial some ideas whilst getting paid

  • 22/24th june open studios -i'm still in a real dilema as to what i want to be doing so if there is any chance of dialouge with any of you it would be great bounce some ideas.

this brings me to Rachel mentioning camping out at the farmhouse. this has been known in the past. if your up for it give me a confirmed date and i'll get a confirmation from our trustees etc. I'm up for it and it would allow me a chance to run through some trials and tribulations and shift through the detritus in my studio before our open weekend to make my the weekend into an event worth inviting my contacts in the arts council and others across for.

I have not got any exhibtions in terms of gallery space lined up this year as this is my year of research and development so i guess i'm asking the more people that are around who could possibly help with some documentation and some hefty yes's and no's and not at all's would be most appreciated.

I'm going to leave my ramblings here as ther is a shed load of other stuff happening outside of the artworld having to organise birthday party for partner, health, building works, family and such like.

I still have a smile on my face and am so glad that in some way you are all there, even if i don't get to see you at every event i know that there is somewhere that i can just ramble about the world frustrations jubilations and so on...

I'll see some of you at some point over the weekend when i make up my bloody mind in which way to travel. in the meantime i wish you all well

hugs

Jon

3 Comments:

Blogger de-mentored said...

dear joon, good you have a lot on , is good .. do you want a 121 so we can talk , ? x x

17 May, 2007 11:11  
Blogger jon said...

franko i would love a 121 when and where?? i had posted my yes please on your earlier blog. hope you are ok, thinking of you hugs jon

17 May, 2007 14:11  
Blogger lisa alexander said...

sending you all my best - 'tis rushed as am submerged in the flat installation..look forward to coming to stevenage to c yr work after project over..hope 2cu in london if u feel fit enough to come xx

18 May, 2007 10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home