Sunday, September 10, 2006

Interviewing more Iranians in LA








After Palm Springs, I came back to LA and continued interviewing more Iranians all of whom are or have been politically active...At the time when I wrote my application, I never realised that a big part of this trip was about researching my own family as most of my maternal family are in LA...I know a lot of people here... finding out why we ended up in the West...LA has the largest population of Iranians outside of Iran...Also eating delicious Persian food...'Tadig' which is a delicacy of crispy rice and 'Sabzi' which is fresh herbs: mint, rosemary, tyme, radish, spring onions (our equivalent to salad) staying in different homes...I am lost in translation...from a mythological land and culture that is fast fading away...Though all of the Iranians come from different political perspectives and places, one thing unites them: the love of 'Azadi' - FREEDOM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home