Thursday, November 02, 2006

Scorpion Power!!

Happy birthday to all the scorpions out there! I hope the boat party was rocking. I am year older but none the wiser. I am working hard on the 'Outsider' show I am curating down here for the middle of Nov (www.outsidervideo.com). Artists, kids and dogs, who would work with them (excusing Beuy of course)?

Franko I will see you before Dec, I can't fix a definite date until I book a train, I can't do that until I have some money. Sorry.

(art)work wise it is all going well. All the stuff I started in Wysing is still energising my work. I have move into some nice ideas, and am now trying to make the space and time to develop them.

I liked the discussion that almost picked up speed in an earlier topic about how we approach our work. The idea of habit is attractive to me as a starting point. I want a habit that finds me with my nose in a book or standing in my studio to work. I don't think habit has much to do with creating work, but it might be a place work starts from. At Wysing, we got up early, cooked porridge then all trundled off. To me that was habit. What we did after that was where it might starts from, a creative process. I don't have a pattern that lets me work on my practice, what ever that is, it gets slipped in here and there. I don't think that is productive enough. Franko pointed out how much I could produce when given the space, routine/habit and time. That is what I am looking for. A habit might be a way to get into that 'zone'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home