Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pleasant surprises in sleep mode and writing about each others work

Dear All

I hope everyone is well!! What's everyone up to at the moment?

I had such a nice weekend- and going back to work this morning I felt like I had been away for a week- which I haven't felt for a while. rachel, it was so good to see you and I really did enjoy teh boat party....I'm a bit gutted I can't make the march or the film festival....next year though!!

Franko, it was good to see you and beuy, I felt really relaxed- I think for my other one to ones I have been quite anxious..., well just not so relaxed, but it was good to chat and have some gorgeous food, (Thank you very much!).

I woke up this morning and as I glanced at teh clock I had that awful Monday morning feeling, urrgghh, I don't want to get out of bed, but then yippeee, I hadn't put that clock back, so the nicest feeling of having an hour longer to lie in bed and drift in and out of a light sleep. i think maybe I will leave that clock an dhour fast, so I can have a few more mornings of pleasant surprises whilst I'm still in that sleepy mode.

the internet seems really slow tonight, the blog took ages to open- is this because it's getting bigger, or because my interent boradband just isn't particularly fast?

WRITING ABOUT EACH OTHERS WORK

Just before we left Wysing Rachel suggested we might write about each others work.....as a way of gaining insight into what other people see in our work, how they perceive our practice....and for us to write, to engage in writing, but not statements about our own work. I'm really up for doing it, and I don't think it has to be too full on- just as much as we want, in what way we want. Is anyone else interested?

I got a lot out of being at Wysing, and there were things people said to me- observations about my way of working, my practice, that came as really precious and insightful thoughts, and I think they were really, are really, important for me, and how I have changed how I look at my practice, even if only subtly.

I also think that it would be a good way of opening up what began in the crit. In my one to one with Franko yesterday I said how I felt we were all really tired during the crit, and afterwards, I wished I had said more, been more honest and open about what I thought and felt about what work was being shown, how the week was for people... maybe for me, writing about people's work now, or at least writing about one or two peoples work would be a way of being more open and honest...or more to teh point, just expanding on what was or wasn't said during the crit we had.

Well, I am going to do this, just start writing stuff down.... but it would be really good to do it as a group, to invlove each other, support each other...?

I don't want teh mentoring scheme to come to an end, and I know it doesn't have to. I really like what you said in your post Franko, about us supporting each other and teh group growing rather than us having 'finished' and a new group starting.

I might struggle to cook something for 4 december. I am going to Paris teh weekend beforehand, but then I guess I just have to be imaginative about it...I'm really looking forward to it though.

Right, before I go, (need to drag my sister away from teh piano...an hour of her playing silent night with one finger very slowly is doing my nut!), I am in London on Saturday and was wondering if anyone would like to meet for coffee? Or in fact meet to do something for fireworks night? I was thinking I would just come down for Sarurday, but if anyone has any ideas for something on Saturday night??

With love to everyone

Katherine.

4 Comments:

Blogger franko b said...

give me a ring about sartuday . franko
x x

31 October, 2006 08:41  
Blogger franko b said...

give me a ring about sartuday franko

31 October, 2006 08:41  
Blogger de-mentored said...

katherine , give a ring about sartuday.. x x

31 October, 2006 08:44  
Blogger de-mentored said...

sorry is franko

31 October, 2006 08:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home