Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ladyboi Lucille; Magical Entertainer

Magic, Sleight-of-Hand, 'Balloon Artistry'

I will perform in London 24 Feb at the Transfabulous Strictly Bona Ball.

A fundraiser for the 2007 Transfabulous Transgender Arts Festival (www.transfabulous.co.uk), I will be as a wandering minstrel for the evening, performing close up magic and balloon modelling, with a bit of dancing and wobbling on my roller skates...

And, no, I do not know how to skate, perform magic, or model balloons...

I move (unsteadily) on skates, performing (not terribly proficiently) close up magic, and modelling (in an amateur and bungling fashion) balloons. I am a well-meaning, enthusiastic, blundering, and affable character, as I stumble, trip, drop things, pop balloons/ let them go shrieking overhead, and generally create minor mayhem.

This character draws on burlesque, but in a tongue in cheek manner, innocent, and subversive. It may appear accidental, but is in fact created and executed in a thoroughly calculated way. As ever in my practice, I am fascinated to explore the space of the amateur as a potent vehicle for emotional exchange between audience and performer.

Oh, and if anyone has any tips re skating, magic, balloons; all gratefully received....

xx

BTW Girldrag is Lucille

2 Comments:

Blogger de-mentored said...

hello when is it , we could try to come x x

10 February, 2007 12:21  
Blogger jon said...

hey girldrag, this omi-polone wishes to varda the polone but alas nanti going to be able to hang out at the fantabulosa party due to other commitments. I'm sure that girldrag polone will be bona, dolly and dizzy. Have a meshigener time anyway.

16 February, 2007 18:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home