Sunday, July 01, 2007

New happenings

Hello fellow mentees!

I hope your all well, i've had a crazy couple of months, culminating in finally moving out of the beloved Warhorse :( the end of an era I feel

I have created some new work and have kind of been touring my performance Live Sermon, I have asked Artsadmin if i can use the court room at Toynbee to show it to a select audience, i hope you can all come. It won't be untill autumn so I will keep you posted.

Please please check out new website www.harminderjudge.com and give me any feedback on the new work. There is Video Sermon (a video installation and you can watch it online too) Archive of Idolatry (which includes my prosthetic arms which are finally finished..yay!) and some images of Live sermon at Sensitive skin and tate.

Also please go to the TEXT section and click on Reviews, there is one written on my performance at Nottingham by Manick (it is my first ever one so i was quite excited)

I will try my best to make it to your flat Lisa, although my life is in boxes at the moment and money is very tight. It would be good to see everyone again.

Love Minda x

8 Comments:

Blogger Biggi said...

Hey Harminder,
just a very very brief comment...
am at the info desk at TB... looking silly in my winter jacket...
went a few times on your website, the welcome page appears and a few seconds later it throws me completely out of explorer... I'll check again on another computer later...

01 July, 2007 15:11  
Blogger Biggi said...

.... sorry, meant, it throws me out as soon as I click on something on your first page...

01 July, 2007 16:41  
Blogger Harminder said...

There seems to still be alot of hicups on it, it is so frustrating!! I've been trying to get it online properly for the last 2 months. There are still things that are going wrong, like the navigation bar keeps messing up...AAAHHHHH!!!! I will sort it out, i will sort it out!

02 July, 2007 20:23  
Blogger jon said...

Hi Minda, the web site is looking good with some powerful imagery and the review from manic is very impressive. My only comment is about the work in glass cabinets, i know that they need protecting but it's a tad damien hirst is there another way you could display your props. I only ask as I find the images of cabinets to clinical or was this your intention?

06 July, 2007 01:08  
Blogger Harminder said...

I have shown my props in many different ways, this show was called the Archive of Idolatry. The pieces don't need protecting at all, they are incedibly sturdy and are used as performance props!! The original idea was for it to be a museum intervention, and to display the pieces in museum glass cabinets so they become 'relics', objects with authority, and to mimick the way in which archeological or religious objects are shown to the public in museum settings, so in this case no, they had to be shown in glass cabinets. Archives of any kind are nearly always shown in some manner of protective casing, it is just sad that Hirst seems to have cornered this aesthetic and some people immediatly think of him as soon as they see a glass cabinet.

Fuck Hirst, Love Museums!

06 July, 2007 13:18  
Blogger jon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

06 July, 2007 17:51  
Blogger jon said...

Damn wanted to edit a spelling mistake on the last comment but managed to delete it...
Thanks for the insight, that was the reason why I asked the question your reference to the museum. Some of my favourite ones are pitt rivers in oxford, tring museum in bedfordshire and numerous ones around London. I guess what made me think hirst was the steel and glass cabinets as most of the museums i visit are all wood and musty smelling

06 July, 2007 22:01  
Blogger Harminder said...

Interesting point about the wood, This is what I originally wanted, and the show was going to be at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery so large wooden cabinets would have been ideal for such a building. But this fell through, and wolverhampton art gallery picked up the project and were eager to show it. Now this is where the dilemma occured. Wolverhampton Art Gallery is a very clinical white space and the wooden cabinets simply looked like eyesores, not a subtle intervention into the collection, so we opted for the steel and glass cabinets which really worked with the space. I was overall very happy with the show, i guess sometimes comprimises can work out.

06 July, 2007 22:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home