Sunday, September 10, 2006

Returning to London



I am filled with dread and fear about travelling back on September 11 as I come from one of the most hated cultural communities at present. To be Iranian and to have been born in Tehran is perceived as a negative thing...The fact that my British passport says born in Tehran-Iran causes US Homeland security anxiety...and me...Are we really free?...I think not!...I had a sticker of Bush in my notebook with his picture saying Number 1 Terrorist which I tore out as I packed my case...I am feeling paranoid about the Iranian books, DVD's and CD's which I have obtained...I won't be travelling back on September the 11th again as the security is heightened...though cheaper to travel...It has been an empowering trip, and I have found out more about myself and my journey...see you on the other side...

1 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine said...

The trip looks incredible Shabz, inspiring, challenging, questioning...? Hot..! Hope the digestion of all your recent experiences takes you to the places you haven't named yet. Really enjoyed reading your posts and hope to see you soon.
Madx

11 September, 2006 10:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home