Saturday, February 17, 2007

hello all- i am still alive!

hello- yes i am ok and still here. i have been really busy with work (earning money in a restaurant) i haven't even had time to check my email recently, let alone check the blog or even consider making any work! i need to make time for reading and posting on the blog, and make it part of my habit/routine.

habit/routine - seems to be my theme at the moment. i am really enjoying working really hard- feeling like i am earning myself out of a financial black hole. for the first time since i was at school, i seem to have some routine and rhythm to my days/weeks/months- and i love the feeling. i have also gone crazy for exercise so when i am not at work i am at the gym or swimming. I seem to have drifted away from my practice, or more like just become more comfortable to get on with other things for a bit. I am the happiest i have been in ages though- even though running the restaurant i work at is not necessarily what i would choose as a career, it is something for me to get my teeth into, and i can feel functional. Getting back into useing and pushing my body to the limit also really gets my endorfins going like crazy, so i am on a constent high at the moment (I feel like there maybe some interesting video/performance work in that somewhere- weight lifting - pushing your body so hard that it fails etc...).

although i havent been putting anything together into concidered pieces, i have actually been producing work, and have been collecting loads of images, and writing stuff in my books!- so i am looking forward to the day when i have enough time to sit down and look at them.

I am just typing nonsence now as i have been working or working out all day and it's very late. I have just realized though that i do actually have things to say and there is more i would like to share.... so more of that when i am not about to pass out.

x baci x

Jacob

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in a lot of ways i really envy you. i know what you mean about having some order and routine and physical work...it does make you feel useful and fit doesnt it?
i found gestural painting, being so physical and spaontaneous like that i used to feel happy doing that...we seem to keep coming back to the theme of order/chaos. we all need rhythm and balance and that is why art is so good for me, trying to create those out of bits and pieces...out of anything...keep up the good work.
x

17 February, 2007 12:36  
Blogger de-mentored said...

dear jacobs , can you contact me..
franko x x

25 February, 2007 00:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home