Friday, July 06, 2007

After an interesting conversation

hello to all of the fb mentees,

I had a converstion the other night speaking to one of the group although they shall remain un-named which has enthused me to write this blog. When I first met with franko @ Wysing last August, I felt devoting myself and time to the mentoring scheme would be beneficial. Especially as a way of being able to have interesting conversations about the arts in all of it's guises with a group of likeminded individuals who are outside my everyday social circuit.

Nevertheless as my year progresses I often find myself logging into the blog to find out about shows and exhibtions that are going on or about to happen. Yes I am guilty of this myself.

However, what happend to the dialect of random discussions? Peoples thoughts and feelings? Posting Images of current work or ideas about new work, Life, the universe and beyond. What has happened to last years mentees? What is going on in the circle of FBers?

WHERE HAS THE PASSION GONE?

Or has the fuse gone out?

Rachel mentioned in a comment about the possible exhibtion in november that we should get together as a group to discuss this...

I am aware that we all have busy lives and schedules to keep. Would this not be an opportunity to discuss thoughts and ideas on the blog??? I only speak up now as Franko is our Mentor, but do we not need to take some responsibilty ourselves to get our artistic backsides into action and start discussing possible opportunities etc.

I'm only asking so as to save Franko wasting his breath every time he asks Where is everybody?

Franko I hope you are well, and I will call you soon

Hugs 2 all

Jon

PS: I'm away on the canals until the 21st July so no internet connection although I'm sure I will find an internet cafe along the way. Hope you are all well and happy

1 Comments:

Blogger Biggi said...

Hi Jon,
I completely agree. It's been quiet for so long. I very much miss the debate about Art. Actually, I very much miss any interaction. Lisa, I am having a great time with our meetings and chit chats and your delicious cooking skills - thank you very much. Jon, thank you so very much for your encouraging comments. Jacob and Will, where are you guys? Or did I miss something?

It seems a bit like since this intensive week is over everybody has gone to rest. Well, I shouldn't complain as I haven't been to yours, Jon. I have the feeling that it has all slowed down and even no threattening letters anymore for lack of participation. Or maybe I was the lucky one this time... At the moment I feel I could get more out of it. A bit more interaction would be great.
Thanks a lot for bringing that up, Jon.
Oh, gotta go. My break now... from the Info desk... well, until soon.
... and sorry if I sounded a bit fed up...
xxxxxxxx
Biggi

08 July, 2007 14:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home