Monday, October 08, 2007

Disappointed.....!!!!

Hello All,

I had originally signed into the blog today to start to type up the notes from Friday's meeting to find alas THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!!!

I made my way to London on Friday feeling hey it's going to be good a chance to catch up with every body, say hello; see who's doing what and how things are going and how people are since their mentoring last year and to catch up with those from this year.

But hey ho, suddenly the cafe area had a cloud of gloom overhead. Some I felt showed a huge disinterest and were only there for themselves; that somehow their work was to important to be mixed in with the rabble of Franko's mentees. That this opportunity was not worthy of their space, time or energy.

Others I felt were not really interested in what work or artforms others produced or how their work related to one another in the global world of art. For me first and foremost there is one HUGE common interest, WE ARE ALL ARTISTS! We all try to say something through the work we produce. Therefore we could have a theme 'narratives' or are we just a dysfunctional body who's opinions matter more to us as a person than our place in the artworld.

As for it being tight to bring a show together by February; Franko first mentioned this opportunity in the initial blog back in June - the 3rd to be exact - this means that we have actually had almost 6 months to think about what work we would like to show/make. or is it just me that has been sad enough to give this some thought? However I mentioned back in July (see blog "after an interesting conversation" , 6th july) that we could have started to discuss our thoughts feelings and ideas on here...

I think I have said enough for now as I was really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into something that meant something to me. oh well

jon :O(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home