Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Given Away



As a culmination to my time at CCA in Glasgow, I had an open studio. Showed a map that I'd created from my experiences navigating the city and its folk over the three weeks.



Collected anecdotes, notes of mine, informal ratings of charity shops, based on an appraisal of location, quality of stock, prices, and how much local folk seemed to use them.



I'd like to go back to Glasgow to realise the work. If I could get support, finances, build on some links I made whilst up there. Spend the time in a directed way, collecting the components of some sort of end product. Looking at audience in the very broadest sense in the realisation of what is a subject very close to my heart.



I now have the map on my bedroom wall. I want to do this project in several different locations. I feel privileged to have had this time to focus on process. This last few months, with Wysing, then Cornwall, and now Glasgow, well, they have been so precious for me, and for my confidence in reconnecting to my creative process.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

mmmm, stationary...Really important point about researching and developing work. I keep thiking you have to spurt it out and move on. Your work Lucille is very inspiring.

08 November, 2006 14:09  
Blogger de-mentored said...

thanks so much, Steven. You are so generous. I am trying to get some more support/money to make this piece into a full work. From now until Christmas, it will be lots of writing applications, and hopefully something will come off..
How are you? How are things? Are you going to be able to come to SLG on 4 Dec?
Lucillex

15 November, 2006 11:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home