Thursday, May 24, 2007

part 2 will now be durational...

just to let you know part 2 of the presentation of my R&D (on 11th and 12th june at people show) will start from 7:30...and you are free to come and go as you please....

Is anyone likely to come to either? Is it the sort of thing that interests you or not...is it boring...any and all feedback is welcome..really! just feel like i've dropped a stone down a well and i can't hear an echoe and it's not reaching the bottom...! I feel a bit on the outside as I come from a theatre background and the rest of you guys (in oour year) have a visual arts background...i know this shouldn't matter but i think it has some impact...as no one comments!!!!!!

- I've been working on this research and development for over a year off and on and it's momentous for me to show apsects of what I've done and also a scarey prospect! Biggi - I echoe your thoughts on the pv...


Lisa
xx

3 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

hi lisa, i intend to come to both events. of course i am interested. i'm sorry you feel like this, i suppose it's difficult to comment until i have experienced it, as at the moment i don't have a complete sense of what it will be. i do find the strands of what i have seen of your research so far fascinating, and i think it has great potential,,, but at the moment i don't know what you're going to do with it all - it seems like you have been collecting lots of information, at the moment it seems complicated to me, just because i don't have the overview of it that you have. so i am really looking forward to seeing your events. tom. x

24 May, 2007 13:47  
Blogger lisa alexander said...

thanks Tom - yes I have and yes it is..sorry i think my nerves are taking over. appreciate your comments. i'd like to pare it all down but just in the mess of it right now..but hopefully this year i can bring greater simplicity and directness to my work in time...x

24 May, 2007 18:56  
Blogger Katherine said...

Lisa

My apologies that you feel like your work isn't insteresting...I really don't think that's teh case at all. For me, it's difficult to get down to London on weekday evenings without taking days off work....and as I'm still working full time, with only very limited holiday, it's quite pressured. I am going to try to make it on 11 or 12 though- but if I can't, it is certainly not because I odn't want to!!

I agree with Tom too...from what you have said, and in fact from teh iimages you have posted I am curious and intrigued...the photo of teh shaft of light entering teh bathroom, )or at leats i thin kit is a bathroom), and that red....they're really strong images...

I will let you know about 11 or 12 June.

Don't doubt what you're doing though! Ofetn it's more that people are really busy...(which at times doesn't amke one feel any better, but I really am sure this is more the case!)

take care of yourself, Katherine.

04 June, 2007 20:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home